Friday, March 7, 2014

Lorac Pro Palette Review


Okay, this review's going to be hard to break down into my normal attempts to be as informative as possible. The honesty and true feelings about this product is there, but ladies...gentlemen? maybe?

Holy cheezits! 

There are no words to describe how excited I was when I finally, I mean FINALLY broke down and purchased this palette. It was in my twitter feed, my facebook feeds, tumblr, pinterest, you name it, this palette was in my face saying "BUY ME NOW". 
I don't know how long I toyed with the idea of purchasing this palette, but I do know it's been a while. I went into Ulta Beauty and went directly to this palette, looked at it, swatched the tester, then literally left the Lorac section and browsed the entire store. I looked at similar palettes from other brands like, It Cosmetics, Stila, Urban Decays Naked Palettes, Too Faced and a bunch of other ones. Swatched a bunch, but ultimately went back to this one, because I knew if I walked out of that store without it, I was going to regret it and be online at Ulta.com looking at this palette again.


Packaging is simple black paper wrapped palette, with the text in a reflective silver stamped onto it. You can run your finger across it and feel the impressions, very shiny, very nice.  The top is magnetic so you don't have to worry about the top flopping around or coming open if you should happen to turn the palette upside down and of course you get a nice mirror on the backside of the top. 
Inside the palette you get eight matte eyeshadows and eight shimmer eyeshadows. The top row are all the mattes, the bottom are all the shimmer shades, which I like a lot. Also, the shadows for each finish start from the left side of the palette from lightest or highlight shades to the darkest colors. Just from a visual standpoint, this palette has got itself together, very organized, very easy to find the colors you want to use. The only exception to the light to dark shades, are the shimmer shades, where Slate and Deep purple should be switched around, but oh well, it's close enough.


Lorac Pro Palette Top Row Matte Eyeshadows

We'll start off with the top row of matte eyeshadows, starting in order they appear in the palette. First impressions of this first row of shadows were all I had heard and more. Silky, creamy without it being a cream and pigmentation. These swatches were done with minimal swiping, especially Espresso and Black. The lighter or highlight shades are just as pigmented, but with my fair skin it's always hard to get swatches to show in photos. I haven't tried these wet yet, I haven't felt the need to use them this way yet, I may use Black wet and see how it looks in replacement of a black eyeliner on the upper lash-line.
Time to break each matte shadow down...
Though I feel that I'm horrible at trying to describe colors.

White- Can you say, favorite eye highlight? Am I the only one who has a hard time finding matte whites to use to highlight the brow bone? Or am I just that dumb and haven't looked hard enough? This is a beautiful matte white, perfect to highlight the inner corner of the eye and brow bone. Can't say enough good things about this color.

Cream- This a nice off white, slightly peachy pink toned shadow. Another great option in this palette for a matte highlight. Or even a nice lid color.

Taupe- This shade just....ugh! I can't get enough of it. I'm not a huge fan of any taupe like colors, not a fan. But! Love this! Fantastic transition color. Cool toned bisque, peach undertone, light tan color.

Lt. Pink- The name says it all. It's a light pink. A subtle powder, baby pink color. It looks lovely with it's neighbor Mauve.

Mauve- You know what...it's Mauve, no need to describe it any further. Pigmented, just lovely.

Sable- This is a nice warm brown, doesn't appear orange on the skin. Warms up your face so nicely when used.

Espresso- Cool dark brown. You don't need much of this on a brush or finger. Extremely pigmented. Reminds me of a dark chocolate color.

Black- Pretty self explanatory. It's not the blackest shadow I'm sure, but it's black. Nuff said.

All of the Matte finishes just feel amazing on the eyes. They don't streak or crease on me. The pigmentation is great. Now, some like Espresso, Black and maybe one more, have a little bit of fallout in the pan itself when you're using a brush, but if you tap your brush like you should before applying the product to your face, there's little to no fallout.

Lorac Pro Palette. Bottom Row- Shimmer Eyeshadow Swatches.
Now onto the shimmer shades. We all know that I've been put off by the glitter pixie situation. I was scared of these shadows, thus why I toyed with the idea of spending the money to get this palette. But, we'll break these shades down first.

Nude- Without the shimmer, this is darn near a match for my skin tone. Beautiful shade with a pink undertone. I've used this one as an all over lid color and it's very stunning. 

Champagne- Gorgeous color. This is more of a taupe champagne color, rather that a nude or peach. 

Gold- It's a gold shimmer shadow. Beautiful, but its not a traditional gold color, more of a Rose Gold.

Lt. Bronze- This is a cool tone bronze, its light, just like the name says.

Pewter- This ones a little hard to describe. I have a few things that are pewter and it's not exactly the same color. This is more of a bronze, grey, purple color. 

Garnet- This is a very relfective rosey, brown, coppery color. It's different enough where I can't draw any comparisons to anything I've seen or currently have.

Deep Purple- This shade is indeed a DEEP purple. It actually looks more purple in the pan than on the skin. But you can tell it's purple. Perfect for smokey or bold eyes. 

Slate- This one is more of a gunmetal shade that leans slightly more blue, but just enough for there to be a difference between this shade and an actual gunmetal shade. 

The shimmer shadows are beautiful. I wish my color descriptions could be better, but the glitter is so fine that it's hard to tell what the color of the glitter actually is. These don't feel grainy, they're just as creamy as the matte shades. The glitter pixies aren't there. I have used the shimmer shades quite a bit and the fallout in comparison to some I own *cough* when used dry or without a primer isn't noticeable. 

The overall quality of this palette is amazing. There's not a single eyeshadow that I won't use. You have your cool tones, your warm tones, beautiful nudes, highlights, transitional colors and smokey shades. This palette cost 42.00USD  for sixteen eyeshadows and it is worth every penny. I haven't touched another eyeshadow palette since I brought this home. I immediately grab this one and I'm ready to do my eye makeup. If you don't own this palette yet, just bluntly go get yourself one if you can. I feel so buyers remorse even with the palette being 42.00USD. Go get yourself one. This is a go to staple in my makeup collection.


I'll be posting reviews here and on my tumblr, simplydarkpleasureblog.tumblr.com on the same days and time. So if you'd prefer to follow me exclusively there, then you're more than welcome to do so. As always come find me on Twitter via the widget here or @Blog_SDP where you can get immediate updates on blog posts and general updates from me.

Until next time,
Stay Creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment