Monday, March 3, 2014

Birthday/UnBirthday Haul.

Birthday Haul Time!
or...
If you wan t to get all technical, Unbirthday Haul Time. 
I say Unbirthday, since I was born on February 29th, evil Leap Year. And this year, there is no 29th of February. On the pesky non Leap Year, years, I celebrate both on the 28th and 1st of March. So, I went shopping at Ulta Beauty in store, as well as online and I went to Sephora for the first time. Then we have some of the things my husband and sister gifted to me.


First we have a Lipstick Palette from Stila from my online purchases, this palette has six really pretty shades. This palette is quite small, but we'll see how it works out.


Next is the they're Real! mascara by benefit sample/travel size. You're going to see a theme here I think, since I'm looking for better mascaras that won't irritate my eyes, but won't flake off or run. 


Now we have a travel size Lorac Tantolizer Baked Bronzer. I love there Tantolizer Matte Bronzer, but a lot of Matte products makes me look washed out, so I'm experimenting with some dewier looks to see if I like them or not. At the moment Ulta is running a free gift special with Lorac Products online and in store with some items, so with this I also got a sample of their Stay Matte face primer.


Aero Minerale Mineral Makeup Mist in the shade bare. This is suppose to be a dupe for Dior's spray on foundation, along with the one from Napoleon Cosmetics. I was looking for a quicker way to do my foundation, since I do have kids and my youngest is less than six months old. With the reviews and research I did, this looks promising. 


Now an eyeliner felt pen by Pixel. I've never heard of this brand before, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a liquid liner in pen form. This was the cheapest I found I do believe or somewhere around there. I'm eager to try this out, since the brand is new to me I don't have any expectations. I love trying new brands, especially if I've heard little or nothing about them. 


And lastly from my online shopping, I got the Dr. Lin skincare Acne Cleansing Pads. I'm not afraid to admit to myself and to anyone that I'm extremely lazy when it comes to nighttime face cleaning. Washing my face the traditional way, wakes me up. I don't want to be awake at night when I want to settle down. So, I have cleansing wipes that I use, now I have something that will replace my toner at nighttime. Also has 2% Salicylic Acid in them, so I can amp up my skincare, even though I love my Equate Beauty skincare line. 


Now on to my in store purchases from Ulta. I had my rewards certificate to use and I don't yet have a Kabuki brush. So, I grabbed this one by Ultas professional line of brushes. The brush is pretty soft, I haven't gotten around to using this yet, so we'll see how it holds up to my other brushes.

Forgive my poor editing, but I don't think you wanted to see my floor. 

Ultas Rewards Club birthday gift for February was a full size CK Cosmetics Mascara. So, of course I grabbed one while I was there. I'm REALLY excited about this mascara because of the wand. It's different. I've never seen another wand like it before and I'm dying to see how well it works. 


Lorac Pro Palette...
Let's just take a moment to enjoy those words.
This palette has been on my MUST HAVE list and because, it was my birthday I decided to splurge on it. This also came with a free sample, which was their eyeshadow primer. 

Now, on to what I got at Sephora. I only grabbed two things and one was my Beauty Insider Birthday Gift from Sephora, but still, it counts.


For my Beauty Insider gift, I chose the Makeup Forever Mascara and Rouge Lipstick mini's. It was this or something from benefit. Since I already got a mascara from that brand, I decided to go with a brand I haven't tried before. Thus, my reason for getting this. 


NARS Blush and Bronzer Duo in Orgasm and Laguna. This wasn't my original reason for going into the only Sephora in my area. I had gone intending to purchase one of the Hourglass Blushes, but my Sephora didn't carry them in store. I don't own a lot of blushes, I normally use my lipsticks or a few matte blushes that I do own. As I said before, I've been looking to try more dewy looks, but I didn't want a blush chocked full of evil glitter pixies. And sadly, most "dewy" blushes are. DrugStorePrincess aka Hilary was there and helped me go through blushes. When NARS Orgasm was brought up, I've heard a lot of hype about the product, both good and bad and I hadn't really considered getting it. Well, I was won over by the swatch, so I ended up purchasing the duo, since it made more financial sense, because I liked the bronzer too. 

Now, onto what my sister got me.


We have some Kiss Nail Dresses in neon colors with neon polka dots. I assume these are different from the Stick On Nail strips I've already reviewed, but I do really like this design. We shall see how different these are.  


A hand cream by bodycology in vanilla sugar. Sorry for the crap photo, but you get the point, it's lotion. Now this stuff smells heavenly. I love anything vanilla scented and these types of scents tend not to aggravate my migraine headaches, where a lot of perfume or candle scents do. So far, I love this and it's still winter and I need all the moisturizers I can get my hands on.


Finally my husband got me some clothes. Now, I'm ridiculously picky about dresses or skirts. From the material, to the length, cut, you name it, I nitpick. But, it seems, my husband tends to find the ones that I love. He's found two others that always hit the dirty laundry, as soon as its clean, this one is no different. The shoulder pieces are a soft mesh and the rest of the dress is this soft t-shirt like material. The length us just above the knee where I don't feel overly subconscious, but it doesn't make me look shorter than I already am like long skirts or dresses tend to do.  


Here's the closeup of the pattern on the dress. It's sugar skulls, crosses and some type of flower. I looks like a rose, I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but I could be wrong.


I'm a huge Nightmare Before Christmas fan. And he found me a pencil skirt with the ending scene of the movie on it. The skirt is another just above the knee length and the cut of a pencil skirt is very slimming and flatters my figure. It's also made of a material that doesn't restrict you when you walk, which is very nice. 


Last thing is another pencil skirt, same fabric and cut. This one is just has a different pattern, which is different colored stained glass windows and crosses.

That's the end of my birthday haul, I hope you enjoyed it and it's not bragging by any means, but if you like these types of posts let me know or let me know what you'd like to see next. I'll be posting reviews here and on my tumblr, simplydarkpleasureblog.tumblr.com on the same days and time. So if you'd prefer to follow me exclusively there, then you're more than welcome to do so. As always come find me on Twitter via the widget here or @Blog_SDP where you can get immediate updates on blog posts and general updates from me.

Until next time,
Stay Creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment