Saturday, January 25, 2014

Rimmel London Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Stay On Lip Contouring Pencils Review

Rimmel London Lasting Finish
1000 Kisses Stay On
Lip Contouring Pencils


 This time we have some lip liners or "Lip Contouring" pencils by Rimmel London. I'm familiar with the brand, I've tried a few things, but I've never been very impressed. If anything, I've been more weary of the brand especially after trying one of their foundations that was horrible. When I was at Walmart, these caught my attention, as I was browsing Rimmel Londons section pondering whether or not to even give these guys another chance. In the end, I picked out three lip liners that I could possibly wear on a daily basis in the colors Natural, Rose Quartz and Mauve Shimmer. 

These are your standard pencil liners that you will have to sharpen with a makeup sharpening tool, but I found that pencils run cheaper on the wallet and work just as well as their self sharpening counterparts.

Lasting Finish Lip Pencil Swatches


I was actually quite shocked when I swatched these. The color payoff is really good and the formula is soft so you don't have to dig into your skin to get them to deposit color. Even the plastic color indicator on the bottom of the pencils are probably the closest I've seen in comparison to "true to color" of the actual product. Rimmel London you've pleasantly surprised me.

Natural

The lip pencil in Natural is a really nice nude shade. Generally, nudes are too brown for me to be able to wear them, since my natural lip color is quite pink, but this one has enough of a peach undertone that I'm able to wear it and not have it look like I've been rolling around in mud.

Rose Quartz

Rose Quartz is a light natural pink shade, which is only a few shades darker than my natural lip color. This one I find myself just filling my entire lip in with, then slapping on a little bit of clear lip gloss (though I'm not a huge lip gloss fan) and I'm my lips are ready. Again the formula is very soft and this pencil glides on with little effort.


Mauve Shimmer

Mauve Shimmer, makes me think of a muted wine color. There is a bit of shimmer, but it's not overpowering and it does add a little something extra. I like mauve's on me, for something a little more bold, but not as bold as say a bright red lip or even a berry color. So when I do my makeup and I want the focus to be on my eyes without sacrificing lip color, I reach for something like this. Or I don't care and grab whatever I want, but you get what I mean.


As for the 1000 kisses?

These won't last 1000 Kisses.  The husband was kind enough to help with this experiment and yes I did actually count to 1000.
.

 Even still, these do last throughout the day. Once the product has set they are smudge resistant. I haven't noticed any bleeding or feathering while I've been wearing them, though eventually it does fade. They do dry out the lips a little bit, but with any lip liners that is normal. Just make sure to moisturize with your favorite lip balm before applying and after removal. If you're lips are chapped, these will settle into those dry areas, so I wouldn't recommend filling the entire lip if you do have some dry patches.

I'd recommend these and will probably be going back to grab a few more colors. These were 4.95USD a piece I believe at Walmart. From what I've seen it's an average price for a drugstore brand. I may be brave and try the Lasting Finish lipsticks from Rimmel London, since this brand has slowly redeemed itself and I'm glad I gave these guys another go.

Remember to check out my Influenster profile where I try to update brief reviews daily. Feel free to like me on Facebook at Simply Dark Pleasures, follow me on google plus, Twitter @Blog_SDP,  or send an email at simplydarkpleasures@gmail.com .

Simply Dark Pleasures does have a PO Box if there is something specific you want reviewed. Details are at the "About" section of the blog, you are never obligated to send anything.

Until Next Time,
Stay Creative.





No comments:

Post a Comment