Friday, January 17, 2014

Shopping Haul, This weeks coming reviews.

Today's post is a little different than previous posts so far, that's because I had a review on some eyeshadows I got recently and I really couldn't come up with the right words that would accurately describe my feelings towards them.
So instead of pulling my hair out trying to forcefully write about something that just wasn't working, I went shopping. Now, unless I travel literally forty-five minutes my options are pretty scarce. And by scarce I mean that I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest places to shop are Walmart, Family Dollar or Dollar General. Even then, to get to Walmart is a half hour drive from where I live.

Walmart Haul

Our local Walmart unfortunately isn't stocked as nicely as I've seen others, but it is a small area so I can't blame them. I went in for my normal stock the house up on things shopping, plus all of this. Not everything will be reviewed this coming week, but this is the collective of things that gathered up just for me.



 First was this box of WARHEADS Sour Dippers Pucker Packs. These were in the Valentines Day section with all the different bags of edible Valentine exchange things for kids. I'm a WARHEAD junkie, I LOVE everything WARHEAD, minus the gummy cubes. Yuck... (*shudder*). I'm the kind of person that drinks lemon juice straight with no type of reaction and receives all the odd sideways glances when I don't make the normal lip puckered expression, when you've obviously have gotten a taste of something tart/sour. So I live for this kind of stuff and this I've never seen. For flavors you get Sour Blue Raspberry Sticks with Sour Cherry Powder and Sour Watermelon with Sour Green Apple Powder. And for 2.96USD for twenty-six pouches of delicious sour sugar, I wasn't walking away without a box. You will also notice the Cadbury Creme Eggs in the group photo...They don't get their own picture, since I've probably already eaten them. If not I'm going to very very soon.



 Off to the craft section of Walmart, I stopped and grabbed some thick yarn in black and pink mixed with smalls bits of blue, yellow and green. I'm currently working on crocheting a blanket for myself and I needed some more yarn. I actually got two of each color, but only thought the need to take a photo of each color I grabbed. These were 2.97USD a piece, I believe and since I don't have them right next to me at the moment, I can't remember the brand it is and I'm too lazy to go look at the moment.


Next are some lip liners by Rimmel London...because my local Walmart seems to no longer carry the Sally Hanson Salon Effects Strips. Quite frankly it made me angry and had been the only reason I wandered my happy ass into the cosmetics section. So to ease my irritation, I picked up these, which are the Rimmel London Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Stay On Lip Contouring Pencils. (Ha! I'll be the judge of that!) I grabbed 007 Rose Quartz, 049 Natural and 009 Mauve Shimmer.



 And lastly, L'Oreals Color Riche Tinted Lip Balms. Winter is evil and I've noticed that a lot of, if not all cosmetic brands are putting up these tinted lip balms. I have one from Revlon that I do enjoy, but again I'm always out looking for those "Holy Grail" makeup item must haves. And I was still fuming over the nail strip ordeal, so I grabbed two of these in 118 Pink Satin and 518 Tender Mauve.


Found my nail strips. Though I ended up stopping at the Dollar General that is about five minutes away from home to see if maybe, just maybe my Sally Hanson ones were there. So of course, because I went in there looking for one thing I came out with five things instead.


Kiss Stick On Strips were what I found, instead of what I was exactly looking for. I hadn't seen these either, so at this point I was just happy to find something that resembled what I had intended to buy at Walmart in the first place. These I will be reviewing Monday so come back and see.


Finally, some Wet N' Wild Lipsticks in Just Peachy, Cherry Picking and Mauve Outta Here. These were bought to pair with the Rimmel London Lip Liners and Cherry Picking was an impulse buy since the color caught my eye when I was browsing the rack.

Since most of these I'm going to do an more in depth review I didn't really want to give too much away or do swatches until I have a good idea how I feel about them. So haul post finished. Hope you're having a good day or evening, wherever you are.

Until next time. Stay creative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment