Sunday, January 6, 2013

Coffee!!!!! So Far The Best I've Had For At Home Brewing.

Insomnia acting up? Mine too. 

So, I'm going to rant about my favorite liquid substance ever. That's right COFFEE. Specifically, the best coffee I've found to brew at home. I love Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts just as much as the next person and they both have their blends they sell in the store, but....this coffee is amazing. Unfortunately, my lovely random people, I believe you can't buy it in the US. You may be able to order it online, but I can't promise that. You have Google, go use it. 

(Paulig Presidentti and Paulig Juhla)


This was a special holiday gift from a Finnish friend of mine.

Though, both the Juhla and Presidentti blends are delicious, I will be talking about Presidentti. I've had both, I received both, I like both, but Presidentti is my favorite.

 Before I was introduced to this coffee, I was a hardcore Folgers coffee drinker, instant coffee drinker. It was quick, easy and I'm far too impatient to wait for enough coffee to brew so I could have a single cup first thing in the morning. And if you read my introduction post, you should know better than to think about a "single cup" coffee maker...I drink probably an unhealthy amount of coffee so a BIG pot or quick instant coffee are my options. I've tried many ground coffees, from actually buying the beans and grinding it myself, to grinding the beans in the store and never went back to any of it. This coffee has won my heart and is my go too blend. I've drank it every day, since I got the package in the mail and haven't returned to Folgers since.

Paulig Presidentti comes in a vacuumed seal package, you could really hurt someone if you wanted to with this package coffee. (*Disclaimer*- Do not attempt hurt someone or yourself with a package of coffee. That's coffee abuse.) It does have a sticker you use to reseal to bag to retain freshness, though I end up using a piece of scotch tape to help keep the bag shut. The grounds have an earthy, almost sweet aroma in the bag, and the smell while brewing is delightful too.

I like to be able to taste my coffee, I don't use sugar, or milk, just a splash of Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer when I make it at home. I save the fancy stuff when stop somewhere for coffee while I'm out and about in the world. I've had some pretty tasteless coffee, but you can taste Presidentti without having to fill the filter to be able to enjoy it. It has a rich, bold, taste without it feeling like it has the consistency of mud and it's a light roast. I did get a dark roast version of Presidentti, but I haven't tried it yet, so I have no opinion on it currently. I really can't compliment this coffee enough.

The only thing I have to complain about is that the likely hood of being able to buy it myself in the US is slim, so I must beg my friend to ship me Presidentti from Finland. And if you don't mind there not being a single English word on the package, it's a must taste experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment