Wednesday, March 5, 2014

NARS Blush Bronzer Duo (Orgasm and Laguna) Review


One of the items in my Birthday/Unbirthday Haul!
NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo in the shades Orgasm and Laguna.

I mentioned in my haul post that I had intended on purchasing one of the Ambient Light Blushes by Hourglass, but my Sephora didn't carry them in store. Be as that may, I was still on the hunt for a blush that had a dewier finish and wasn't infested with glitter pixies. The Ammo Palette by Urban Decay has put me off in the realm of glitter, though I should be able to fix that issue with Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Genius, both products have been reviewed here in the past if you want to see more on those two products. The links to those reviews will open into a new window. ( Beauty Genius Review and Ammo Palette Review )

With some help from DrugStorePrincess aka Hilary, another beauty blogger, we went through a bunch of blushes and even some bronzers, after discussing the fact that I wanted to try the dewier makeup looks, without appearing orange or like I've been mating with a pixie. After finding glitter galore and mostly matte blushes, she mentioned NARS Laguna and then Orgasm. 

NARS orgasm and even Laguna, have a huge hype behind them. I've read and heard amazing things about this product and brand in general, as well as some who weren't all that impressed. I was extremely skeptical when I heard rave reviews, because lets face it, NARS is a higher end brand, quality yes, but ouch on the wallet. More so if products such are this aren't in your budget. I normally shop for beauty products on a tight budget and I'm a huge sales shopper. I want the most I can get, with quality, with the money I have on hand. But, I had gone to Sephora with the intent on purchasing a single blush for 35.00USD to begin with, I knew my budget and I had a little extra and it was for my birthday. I'm allowed to splurge a little.

NARS Blush Bronzer Duo
Packaging
The packaging is simple. Though, that doesn't mean it isn't nice. I enjoy fancy packaging just as much as something less extravagant. It's heavier than I would have thought it would be, especially in comparison to my travel size Lorac TanTalizer Highlight and Bronzing Duo. My Lorac duo is slightly smaller in size, but the weight difference is noticeable even with both of the products having a mirror. But, the NARS Duos mirror is much bigger and I think even clearer than my Lorac duo. But, I'm in love with the packaging, just for the simplicity of it and that when I hold it, it feels expensive. And that's always nice.
NARS Blush Bronzer Duo
View Of Product In The Pan

The product in it's pan form, doesn't look like anything special. They're nice colors in the pan, but they don't immediately "wow" you if you just give them a quick glance. I know Orgasm comes in a cream or stick form, but of course this is the powder form. I noticed with most of my powder blushes, they do have a, well, powdery smell to them, but this one doesn't. When you go in with a brush to apply this, there literally like, no fall out. Perhaps, the tiniest amount in the pan. You know how you blow off the extra product in the pan if ones powdery or chalky? Don't have to do that with this one.





NARS Laguna (Top) Orgasm (Bottom)
Swatch 1
NARS Laguna (Top) Orgasm (Bottom)
Swatch 2
Swatch time. I have two different swatches here for you. On the left, is my original swatch where you can obviously see the lovely pigmentation of both bronzer and blush. On the right, is the swatch here you can see the glow!
Laguna, I admit does take a little work to get out of the pan. And you do need to build the color up a little. But, this bronzer does have a nice glow without it being overpowering and it doesn't appear orange on me. I can work with it and I've actually been using this, rather than my Matte bronzer since I bought this.
Orgasm...I have found my favorite blush of all time. This is a beautiful pinky peach color, with this golden pink glow. There is a teeny tiny amount of micro glitter in it, but it doesn't get everywhere. How did NARS do that?
I need to know their secret.
It glides onto the cheeks, applies evenly and it's pigmented. It doesn't feel chalky or grainy on the skin. So far it's the best blush I have ever used. And I've used this from the moment I got home with it and literally everyday after.
Just gorgeous.

Price. This duo was 42.00USD at Sephora. The individual full sizes of both Laguna and Orgasm are I want to say around 30.00USD a piece. So for the price of the duo you're getting both of these amazing products for less than if you'd buy them separate. Now, if you have a dark complexion than I do, I'm not the fairest person out there, but I'm darn near close, you may want to skip the Laguna bronzer and stick with just the blush. But if you are fair and can splurge/afford this product, you're looking for a more dewier appearance to your makeup, then I'd recommend this.

 That wraps it up for this review, I'll be posting reviews here and on my tumblr, simplydarkpleasureblog.tumblr.com on the same days and time. So if you'd prefer to follow me exclusively there, then you're more than welcome to do so. As always come find me on Twitter via the widget here or @Blog_SDP where you can get immediate updates on blog posts and general updates from me.

Until next time,
Stay Creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment