Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Maybelline New York New Clean Express Makeup Remover Review.


Maybelline New York Clean Express Makeup Remover, Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. This little gem was featured in my Mini Ulta Beauty Haul on the first of the month. Since then, I've been using this to remove my eye makeup, giving me time to really form an opinion about it. 

What the back of the bottle says in a generalized sense is: Ultra gentle, quick break technology this dual phase formula instantly breaks up stubborn makeup, even waterproof mascara while the second washes it clean. Due to the quick dissolving power, no harsh rubbing is necessary. Oil free formula leaves no greasy residue. Again it's oil free but also, safe for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes. Allergy Tested. Ophthalmologist Tested.

If you've been with me a short while, I have mentioned in the past that my eyes are...sensitive. More sensitive than I'd like them to be, but hey, what can you do? I was out of my normal eye makeup remover by Wet N Wild, a remover that worked but, stung the hell out of my eyes and it smelled horrible on top of that. But I at least wanted to finish it up, because despite the mild discomfort it got the job done. I stumbled on this when I first walked into Ulta where they had a display of a bunch of buy 1 get one 50% off products. There was another formula that was blue, but I can't remember what exactly it was.
 Removes waterproof makeup, check. Gentle, check. Safe for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes, check. 
I was sold on what it promised. 

The packaging is pretty standard, but has a cute quality to it. The bottle is a light pink, makes it feel a little girly and it's a soft plastic that has some give to it. So if you drop it on the floor (which I have, many, many times) it's not going to crack or shatter like hard plastic containers or caps can. The cap is a white plastic cap inside a bigger clear cap, but it is all one piece. I don't know what it is about it, but it feels more aesthetically pleasing, with the clear plastic cap encapsulating the white cap. Maybe it's just me, but I like it. 
All of the information is printed on two large clear stickers that are stuck to the bottle. It doesn't look cheap, but the stickers themselves are anything real special. I've had the bottle kicking around for nearly a month and they haven't started to peel off or anything. 
The actual product is actually really cool at first glance, in the bottle. You can actually see the two different formulas, since they are different densities. The one on the bottom of course being thicker and more dense than the top layer, so you can see it sitting on top of the other. Now, I have no idea which one does what, but it's kind of cool to play around with the liquid in the bottle. 

There's nothing to worry about the two formulas being separated, since you have to follow the directions; which include- Shake well. Apply with cotton pad to eyelids and lashes. Gently rinse with warm water. 

I didn't exactly follow the instructions. I shook the product well, applied to a cotton ball and gently pressed it to a "closed" eye and let it set for about 30 seconds, before I gently pulled the cotton ball towards my temple, then took a clean edge and gently cleaned up what the initial swipe missed. Followed by my normal makeup removing towelettes and skin care routine. 

Now, this product was 5.99USD at Ulta Beauty and you get 4fl oz (120ml) of product. For that price, I wasn't expecting miracles. 
But...
By far, the best waterproof eye makeup remover I have ever run across. 
This product doesn't irritate my eyes what so ever. I've had no problems with sensitivity, no irritation or burning. And the best part, it works. It takes off waterproof products like a dream. I was testing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Genius Waterproofing Gel (review coming soon) and this stuff, one swipe after holding a cotton ball to it for 30 seconds, it was gone. Waterproof mascara, came off easily. It just an amazing product. I highly recommend this stuff, especially for 5.99USD. It does leave what feels like a not really oily, but a residue. But a quick rinse with some water and it goes away. As I said, I follow up with a all over makeup removing towelette and my normal skin care routine, so the little residue that is left behind doesn't bother me. 

I've even used this to remove the Waterproofing Gel from my makeup brushes, along with makeup brushes where I've used lipsticks or other cream products. Followed by what I normally do to clean my brushes and it removes the product beautifully. 

When all is said and done, go get yourself some of this. It's a good product. The price for the amount you get is reasonable and nearly a steal. 

As always, remember to check out my Influenster profile where I try to update brief reviews daily click the widget on the blog to go directly there (though I've been naughty there and not updating much). Feel free to like me on Facebook at Simply Dark Pleasures, follow me on google plus, Twitter @Blog_SDP,  or send an email at simplydarkpleasures@gmail.com . All links to those are displayed as tabs or there's buttons floating around the site. Check out the "About" section of the blog and the "Review Disclaimer" for more information.

I'll be seeing you Friday with another post.
Until Next Time,
Stay Creative. 



No comments:

Post a Comment